First the Movie Trailer
I was recently forwarded the movie trailer for the upcoming Baby Mama movie by a friend of mine. I had no idea this movie was in the works nor was my life missing a movie about a 37 year old successful business woman who wants kids but can’t so hires the assistance of a Philadelphia air head to be her “baby mama”. That’s pretty much the story. And I’m sure hilarity ensues and there’s probably a twist ending and at the very least this movie will be flooded with Saturday Night Live (SNL) cast members. Now all of this really isn’t that bad. I mean one of my all time favorite movies is Night at the Roxbury which is an SNL skit made movie, so my tastes aren’t that refined to begin with. But there are still those movies I won’t see. I might just see this one.
Enough with the Baby Mama Movie Trailer. Now time for the DEBATE!
At this point, Tina Fey and Amy Poehler are probably most known for doing Weekend Update on Saturday Night Live. And Tina Fey is known to have a cult following of geeky guys who think she’s hot. Well here’s where the debate begins. I don’t necessarily think Tina Fey is hot. I’d rather have Amy Poehler. And here’s why…
Why Amy Poehler is better than Tina Fey – Based on Looks Alone
Benefits of Amy Poehler
1) Amy Poehler’s got “that look”. It’s a look that some call “unique”; meaning “you’re not ugly, you’re not beautiful, you’re something in between; but definitely not dull.” Basically in some lights she’s HOT. In other’s, she aint so HOT. I like this look.
2) Amy Poehler can pull off a great twisted face. I’m one for crazy facial expressions and she’s one for making them. A good wacky facial expression can bring a smile to your face and forget about world hunger completely.
3) Amy Poehler’s confident but not conceited (at least that’s what I’m guessing). For some reason I get the vibe Amy Poehler is one chill girl. She’s confident but not conceited. And it doesn’t seem like she needs to be the center of attention (ala Jim Carey or Robin Williams). I could chill with this woman.
Downfalls of Tina Fey
1) Tina Fey has the same constant expression on her face. Is it just me or does she only really have on expression? OK, maybe I’m being picky here, but it’s just an observation. I think it’s that smile. It looks evil (I will say she does have good hair).
2) Tina Fey has the 1,000 mile stare. It just seems like she’s looking right through the people she’s talking to. There’s just something about her eyes that give her a glazed over look…zombie like. It’s a bit creepy, and kinda cold.
3) Tina Fey wasn’t in Upright Citizens Brigade. OK, I know this one has nothing to do with her physical appearance, but I liked Upright Citizens Brigade. Honestly it took me a while to catch on to it, but once I did, I was hooked. And to be honest, at the time I wasn’t all that into Amy Poehler. It wasn’t until she appeared on Saturday Night Live did I start looking at her differently. So this reason really sucks (I know).
Disclaimer: Don’t get me wrong. I can see how some people would be into Tina Fey and the whole “Geek Chic” thing, but it’s just not for me. I’ll take wacky over geek any day (and there IS a difference).